Teacher of the Week

Maddie Mabe and Nick Howell

Always there to lend a helping hand and driven by his love for PE and sports, he’s known as a friendly face to students and teachers. Carter Duggins told us, “He’s very passionate about teaching and is very involved in trying to get us students excited about learning.” These are just a few things describing this week’s Teacher of the Week, Mr. Davis.

Mr. Davis teaches Freshman Health and PE, Lifetime Sports, and Advanced Basketball. He is also the Girl’s Varsity basketball coach. Last season he led the team to an 8-17 season overall, finishing 4-12 in the conference. His goal for the 2019-2020 season is to win the regular season and tournament championships and make the state tournament. This year he plans to add Men’s golf coach to his job title and hopes for a good season with the team.

He’s currently in his seventh year teaching; this year is his second at UCA. “I like the collaboration between teachers and the administration,” he tells the Nast Staffers, Maddie Mabe and Nick Howell. When asked why he is a teacher he responded with a message of inspiration, “I want to inspire students to be successful beyond high school, whatever they choose to do.”

Coach Davis said if he wasn’t teaching he, “probably would be in the ministry.” Coach Davis is currently a youth leader at Vintage Church, one of the many things he enjoys outside of school, along with playing pickup basketball and golf.